Thursday 18 July 2013

Sparkle Tray





My interior design philosophy is that you can never have too many trays in your home. I probably own close to a dozen and use them to corral flowers, hold candles, create pretty spaces for jewelry, for breakfast in bed, as a mail organizer, and for serving cocktails. This tray, in particular, is one of my favorites since it’s sleek and modern, but plain enough so that you can customize it with just a couple of simple steps (plus it’s only $22). For an afternoon cocktail gathering I had, I decided to make mine feel a bit more festive with some glitter tape (the width matches the tray perfectly) that I ran along the edge and twine that I wrapped around the handles to offset the sparkles. I love how it came out, but am perhaps even just as excited about the fact that if I want a holiday-inspired tray in several months that I can easily re-do the entire thing.







No comments:

Post a Comment