Wednesday 2 October 2013

Stationery Specifics

When I graduated from high school, my dad gave me a beautiful set of personalized stationery. It came in a dark green box with cream-colored notes that had my full name written across the top. It was one of the sweetest gifts I'd ever received and it marked the first time I truly felt like an adult. I still have the box tucked away in my closet - with just a few cards left. I don't know if I'll ever bring myself to use the last one, especially since I'll be changing my name {though not professionally}. Beyond personalized notes though, it's fair to say that I have an obsession with all things related to paper, so I figured I'd share some of my favorite stationery-related items that I use most frequently.
Good paper {plus matching envelopes}. It seems rather obvious, but I always make sure to have several sizes and colors of paper lying around so I can make cards instead of buying them. I recently purchased this double loop punch to make ordinary paper look really special {as seen above}.
Glitter. I use this set for nearly everything - finger nails, cards, you name it.
Glue pen. The perfect way to use glitter to write sweet sayings with sparkle.
Decorative paper. I use this for wrapping small gifts or for lining plain envelopes - the easiest way to make a big impact. Simply trace the outside of the envelope on the backside of the paper you want to use and cut it out {make sure to leave a little room on the sides and along the top, so you can still seal it closed}.
Stamps. These bring back memories from childhood, but now I opt for quirky characters {like this orange lobster} to dress up neutral card stock.

No comments:

Post a Comment