Wednesday 12 November 2014

Happy

1. Support a cause I believe in. When it comes to my happiness, nothing makes me more delighted than my cats. I don't have time to volunteer at local shelters right now, so I donated to the two rescues (Marble and LouLou. Knowing that I can make a difference in the life of an animal is much more important than that new coat I've been eyeing.
2. Take care of my body. I was extremely active in high school (I played varsity soccer, volleyball, and track), but since then, I haven't made it a priority to take care of my body. For the most part, I can get away with eating what I want with little exercise, but as I approach mid 20's, I want to make a change. The film explores the idea of discovering one's "flow," an activity that you find so enjoyable that it becomes your sole focus. I never took dance classes growing up, but find them so fulfilling.
3. Connect with others. I love spending time with my boyfriend and will usually choose a relaxing evening at home with him over pretty much anything else. But just because that nightly option is there, doesn't mean it's always the right choice. Instead, we've been making an effort to get out more - whether it's to support a store opening, a restaurant we've been wanting to try, or to meet up with friends. At the end of the day, my relationships with people and my community means more to me than anything else. A lot of documentaries support great causes, but sometimes their initiatives seem so huge that I wonder just how much of a difference I can make. What I found most inspiring about Happy is that it really doesn't take much - a few little adjustments can make a big impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment